Hi guys! It's been a while, I know, but it's time for another edition of Looking Back! I figured I could put together a substantial post for once. After all, it has been two months and a lot has happened since then.
Family and Friends
- A family emergency popped up on my mother's side of the family, so she had to fly out for three weeks which left my younger sister and brother and I to cook and clean for ourselves. Guys, that is HARD. My sister and I might do a collab post series on our many adventures while she was gone, so stay tuned for many instances where we might have burned the house down, locked ourselves out of the house, and other fun adventures.
- Halloween Night I went trick or treating with some friends. You can read my post about that here.
- Over Thanksgiving break I got to go to my Grandmother's and spend some time with my fabulous cousins. We had a lot of food, although my sister and one of our cousins did eat all of my grandfather's private ice cream reserve unwittingly. XD
- I did NaNoWriMo and I won! you can read more about that here. My goal was 30K on the Young Writers Program, and I ended up writing about half of my novel, Shadowskin.
- I have an endless supply of story ideas. My newest one is currently titled "Out Thoughts Are Our Ghosts," and it's a kind of paranormal murder mystery set in a fictitious city in Britain called Grey Sky. And I worked on developing a contemporary that carries the name "Colorful Uknowns" but that could change very soon. It's about art and math and seeing reality from different views. Not to mention I came up with a sequel to Divided but shhhhhhhhh.
- For the most part I participated in Carol's Cameras and Pens Challenge. or CPC. You can read my stories here. I didn't get to enter every entry (so sorry about that, Carol!) but I did as many as I could and added to my blog series Seven.
On stress. Yes. I've been stressing about stress. I discovered several ways to relieve stress, which is a mental thing. If you would like to see a post about that, comment below and tell me. I'll see what I can do. :)
- November 26th was Mirror Me's two-year blogiversary! I didn't celebrate this year, due to the NaNo craziness and all, but I might be doing something soon. Keep your eyes peeled.
- I left WBW words for good. I am leaving the blog up, so the posts are available any time. But I might change it to private since it is WordPress.
- Wild Pennings has had a great two months so far since I started it! I've gotten responses and I can't say how much fun I've been having blogging on my new writing site.
- I re-designed the theme of Mirror Me and the featured images. I'm going to be using more of my own photography so I don't have to rely on Unsplash so much. The featured image above is one of my own favorites. What do you think? Do you have any suggestions?
What did you do/read/think last month? I love to chat!